“An Adventure Expedition that Will Enliven Your Mind, Body and Spirit”
Safari is the Swahili word that means “A journey.” What makes a Healing Safari above and beyond a traditional African safari is that as you venture on an external journey through the wilds of Tanzania, you are gently guided on an internal exploration of your own heart and soul.
Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure to the stunningly beautiful land of Tanzania and deeply immerse yourself in the healing energy of this bountiful country’s people, culture and nature. Venture to an authentic “Out of Africa” experience for twelve magnificent days filled with yoga and meditation with the enchanted Serengeti as your backdrop. Surround yourself with the natural wonders of this land and partake in the wildlife firsthand during a four day safari tour of the national parks to the north.
Experience travel in a completely different way from a fully embodied perspective as our reflective practices will clear the lens through which we see the world and ourselves. The retreat begins with a full immersion of the local Maasai culture where we will delve into the ancient wisdom of these native people to learn about their practice of natural healing remedies and their deep connection with this precious land they call home. Next, we will trek across the most pristine parks to track “The Big Five” and connect with the most exotic animals in the world. We will spend our days ‘in the bush’, in luxury accommodations, resting in the womb of Mother Nature. Get in sync with the enlivening rhythms of nature as we wake to the sounds of the most mysterious birds, feel the rumble of elephants walk behind our tent, and hear the roar of lions in the distance. Our excursion ends in Zanzibar, where we will spend five days exploring this culturally rich island and relaxing on its pristine beaches. No retreat is complete without a beach bonfire under the stars listening to the enchanting drum rhythms of Africa.
- 12 Night accommodations at luxury lodges and camps
- All delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Most alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (except in Zanzibar)
- Daily Yoga & Meditation sessions
- In-country road transport in 4X4 safari vehicles Pop up roof, including all airport transfers
- Entrance fees and concession fees for all national parks and wildlife viewing areas
- Lake Natron bird watching and Flamingo Lake walk, Sundowner Celebration, Hominid Footprints, Traditional Maasai BBQ
- Four day safari including Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
- In-country flight from Manyara to Zanzibar
- Expert driver guides, camp staff and security
- Teachings on traditional Maasai practices for health and wellness
- Nature Walk around Ngare Sero forest, lake and beautiful gardens
- “Bean-to-cup” coffee estate tour
- Tour of the local craftsmen and women
- Historic Stone Town tour in Zanzibar
- Spice Farm Tour
- Freddy Mercury Museum
- Traditional Swahili Dinner
- Flying Doctors Air Ambulance Service for medical emergencies in remote areas
- Donations to our local NGO Partners
- International Flight to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport (Must fly out on February 3rd to arrive in Tanzania on February 4th for the start of the retreat)
- Additional spa services
- Personal phone calls, laundry, some alcohol, souvenir shopping
- Personal, Medical, and Trip cancellation insurance (required)
- Visa for Tanzania ($100.00 for US traveler)
- Vaccinations (Please research the CDC website for additional recommended vaccinations. Speak to your medical professional about malaria prophylaxis).
- COVID testing
$5,350.00 per adult Double or Triple Accommodations*
$5,850.00 per adult Single Accommodations*
*A 3% fee will be added when paying with a credit card.
Booking and Deposit
A 30% deposit must be submitted to secure your spot. A $500 payment will hold your space with the remainder of the 30% deposit paid within 60 days of the initial payment. All spaces are first come first served with a maximum of twelve attendees. The remaining 70% is due 60 days before the departure date. You are free to submit the balance of the trip costs anytime up to the due date.
***To book contact Kim at email@example.com.***
Payment Policies / Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable but transferable deposit is required to hold your reservation. Should a COVID related travel shutdown occur, you have twelve months to use your deposit towards another adventure. The balance is due and must be received 60 days prior to the first day of the retreat.
*COVID Policy – We understand that there are many moving pieces and changing policies. We will try to be flexible and understand if COVID restrictions make it necessary to change plans.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVELERS ARRIVING IN TANZANIA AND ZANZIBAR
Based on the current global epidemiological situation and emergence of new variants of viruses that cause COVID-19, the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar has decided to strengthen preventive measures especially with regard to International Travel as follows: All travelers (except for children below age of 5) will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival.